Header controls are located next to the information about the user and the agency.
Profile settings, Password, Itinerary, GTIR, SMS, Value limit, Subscription are the options that can be modified through the account preferences button.
- Email - email address assigned for the given account. It can work as a username as well when a preferred username was not specified by the agent during the registration.
- Choose your language - for language preferences.
- Pages of history - to set the number of pages stored as scrollable in the terminal window.
- Emulate P-HMPR - to enable the automatic print of Sales report even if there is no linkage or Galileo Print Manager available. GalileoTerminal builds a printer output from the screen replies of the host while P-... command is entered. Then a compiled output is sent to the local printer. Having this feature off, a regular output is sent to the linked printer GTID. Supported commands are P-HMPR, P-HMPP, P-HMPS, P-HMPR*E.
- Availability lines - to set the default availability format.
- Report format - to choose the format of the Sales report file. The file is generated by the GalileoTerminal when the FILE-SR command is entered in the terminal window. See Tips and Tricks for a proper syntax. User is asked by the browser if it should be opened or saved.
- XML report columns - to choose the columns to be shown in Sale report file.
- eTracker lines per page - to set up the number of lines displayed in the eTracker report. This item is available only when the eTracker module is turned on.
- Direct print - to select what documents are compiled by GalileoTerminal and offered to be printed out when the TKP command is entered (itinerary, agent coupon, CC charge form) or a refund is done (the refund notice).
- Auto receive from - insert your signature for the PNR updates.
for GalileoTerminal access password changes. Password has to consist of at least 6 characters.
Several itinerary options can be set up. Selected options apply for all future itineraries requested using a particular GalileoTerminal access.
Those are seven options affecting the itinerary appearance:
Logo URL: - for URL address of the agency logo which should be placed in the itinerary
Footer text: - for any free-form text the agency wants to display in the itinerary
Consultant Name: - for the name of the agent taking care of the reservation
Sender name: - for the name to be displayed as the sender of the email with the itinerary
Sender email: - for the email address to be displayed as the sender of the email with the itinerary
Visible blocks: - define what parts of the itinerary are displayed
Default format: - HTML or TEXT format of the itinerary can be selected
The auto-upload of the GTIR file is controlled from here.
The following table with the GTIR auto-upload settings is displayed. The GTIR automatic upload checkbox controls whether GTIR is uploaded automatically after the TKP transaction, or not. If this box is checked, proper values of the FTP server of the agency have to be entered into the value fields.
If the auto-upload fails, all agents within the given agency are informed about it via a GT Mail message. The message contains a detailed description of the error.
SMS service statistics and maintenance are handled from this site.
In the SMS options, the GalileoTerminal user can:
- Monitor the use of the SMS service and credit balance within the agency as well as SMS prices in available countries.
- Buy credit for SMS service via the integrated online payment gateway.
- Adjust name and signature of the sender - details that are added to every SMS automatically.
The summary of the credit balance for tickets being issued, sorted by agent and carrier. History button opens page with the credit balance related to given GT user. History page needs to be enabled by agency or country admin in User profile. Please see a detailed Value limit description in the Administration section further in this document.
My profile - Value limit
History of the credit balance movements
This page shows validity of the given GalileoTerminal account, if it is set up. Agent can prolong the validity online by paying the displayed amount through the integrated payment gateway. When the payment is successful, the validity is extended immediately. The table shows the history of the payments.
The link editor is opened when the link button on the right site of the menu is clicked. A very intuitive form is available for comfortable work with links.
GalileoTerminal Mail has been developed to allow the GalileoTerminal or Country Administrator to send announcements to GalileoTerminal users. These announcements can be about new functionalities, planned trainings, planned system outages, advertisements, reminders etc. GalileoTerminal Mail can be used by all GalileoTerminal users.
The Country Administrator can send global emails to all agents within a specific market. The Administrator can also address GalileoTerminal users within specific agency only. Or just a single GalileoTerminal user can be addressed.
The Agent can address the message to Country Administrators within a respective market. The Country Administrator can address the message to the Galileo Administrator.
An HTML WYSIWYG editor is available for composing the mail, and you can enclose attachments.
Click on the Mail icon to open the mailbox. A similar screen to this one will be opened.
Click on the link in the Subject column to see the email’s content. Click on Remove if you wish to delete the email.
A similar form is available for sent emails. Just select Sent in the list box.
To write a new mail, click Write mail button. Just choose user from the list, fill in the Subject, set up the Validity of the message (date period of the display as a Message of the day) and compose the Body of the email and click on the Send button. Here’s an example of the filled in form:
All new and unread mails are displayed in modal window as a Message of the day right after the login:
The button for logging out from the GalileoTerminal application.